July 7, 2008

Well, Hello Dolly! (aka OH MY HECK TIMES THREE PART TWO!)

So some of you may not know a secret about me...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Dolly Parton.

I mean it.

Love her.

I'm pretty sure we were best friends in the pre-existence.


My first tape - Dolly. It was a Greatest Hits... 9 to 5, But you know that I love you, Love is like a butterfly, Me and Little Andy, Islands in the stream, I will always love you, Here you come again, Heartbreak express, Tennessee Mountain Home, Jolene, Applejack, Coat of Many Colors, Appalachian Memories, Travelin' man (which I recited for a ward talent show once complete with Southern accent) ... the list goes on.

I used to listen to it on my enormous walkman while I rode my bike and my neighbor and I would pretend that we were chauffering Dolly and Olivia Newton John around on our Schwinn's. Mine had a banana seat so there was plenty of room.

I have so much Dolly music -- and I'm pretty sure I know all the words. (When she was on American Idol recently, my brother happened to be watching... he all of a sudden realized he was singing along to all the songs and then realized it was Dolly... He was not happy about how much we ALL listened to Dolly when we lived at home!)

This is her newest album - "Backwoods Barbie." She's so cute.


And I've definitely seen all of her movies - (yep, even that one.) (Oh man, I miss Colleen!!! "Sneakin' around with you...") Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em.

I think she's a genius -- Dollywood -- creating all those jobs for people from her neck of the "woods",


Dolly's Imagination Library -- giving every child in Sevier County, Tennessee, a book EVERY MONTH from birth until they're 5 years old,

The more than 3000 songs that she's written...

A genius.

And guess what...

In August, Dollywood will have 3 of it's most excited visitors EVER because I'M GOING THERE! My parents are taking me to Dollywood!! They're the best parents EVER!

See how excited she is that I'm coming!!! I am so totally excited!!! This is a life-long dream come true!!!! AND - SHE WILL BE THERE IN CONCERT WHEN WE'RE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I know, Dolly! I'm so excited too!

Come on. She totally knew I would be coming and planned it all just for me. I love it!!!


Thanks, Dolly. That's my wish too. :)

Seriously so so so, So Happy.

5 comments:

LynnEl Springer said...

Yes, we know all the Dolly songs!! Thanks to Amy always playing them in the car for us wherever we drove! So, I'm singing My Tennessee Mountain Home right now - everytime I think about going to Tennessee!!! Yahooo!! Can't wait!! Such a fun vacation this will be!!!

yoyis said...

HAHAHAHA!! Amy, I sure didn't know that about you!! Have lots and lots of fun!! I am still waiting for you to visit me here in St George...and still waiting for your phone call.
Aurora

Katie said...

I thought you said something about going to DollyWood! I didn’t know you were going with your parents. That’s so cool! Hey, didn’t we hear a Dolly song on Friday- We sure had fun didn’t we! Love ya!

Stacey said...

I love that you're obsessed with Dolly Parton. I think of you anytime I see/hear her. I hope you have fun in Dollywood!! And then you can have fun with us! Booyah!

~Cmac~ said...

Ok, I am obsessed with Dolly Parton too! She is a phenom. I've been telling Chase that I want to go to Dollywood for more than a year. It just seems so American. You are going to have to take lots of pictures and you'll have to tell me all about it - I'll live vicariously through you! :)