July 17, 2008

Going to the Temple and We're Gonna Get Married!


So the big day.

The nervousness was that I couldn't find my Temple Recommend! I had just been in the Temple - but my recommend was nowhere. But - don't worry. I got to see the wedding.

The nervousness I didn't know about was.... Joe forgot the marriage license! The wedding went off a little late- (an hour) - but no problem. It gave everyone a chance to catch up and we all loved it.

I especially loved just hanging out in the Temple --
thus the Seattle Temple Pics.




























(Obviously most of these were not taken on their actual wedding day... The Temple is actually undergoing a little construction so during the waiting and the wedding we could hear some banging that was a little reminiscent of the sound of the Tyrannasorus Rex coming to kill all the people on Jurassic Park.)




























Here they come!
After the fastest (and very lovely) ceremony in the West...
Announcing Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Rank!

Massive paparazzi!










Lovely little Teo and the beautiful bride
(sorry I don't know how to photoshop out Rachel...)





























Lovely Peonies at the Temple!




The reception site was absolutely gorgeous:
Rays Boathouse right on the water.
And the food. Oh my the food.
Everyone was thrilled by the yummy "Shirley Temple" drinks too!
It was a perfect reception site.


After everyone chowed down, Maria and Joe's friend Shane conducted a touching ring ceremony. Joe and Maria wrote down some of what made them fall in love and why they chose to get married. It was really beautiful.

In the meantime... Teo and I were hanging out waiting for her to walk the rings up to the front for the big exchange. Fortunately, Maria had seriously tied the rings on to the pillow for fear Teo might drop them and the rings would slip right into the water through the slats on the deck...
Well - she was right. Teo dropped the little pillow but the rings were, as mentioned, seriously tied on. Although Maria gave me a look of terror... Everything was just fine.








Guera Salsera and her new primita.

(That guera just finished a half ironman triathalon and is basically my total hero.)































When the ring ceremony had ended Joe and Maria were like - "um... great. Ok! It's done!"
So I yelled, "Kiss!" from the back of the room
and they kindly obliged!


Mo's feet were not so happy that day.
Remember sausage fingers from yesterday?
It was like massive bratwurst feet after hours of
standing standing standing!

It was a wonderful day. Besides the wedding I... went to the reception. Which will have to be talked about tomorrow or another day because I am so tired tonight and I'm almost blogged out. But still... So Happy!
Seeing Maria So Happy made me -- So Happy.

6 comments:

Stacey said...

How fun!! Everyone looks so pretty!! I love the T-Rex comment-I was totally cracking up!!

LynnEl Springer said...

I can't believe she dropped the ring-pillow! I'm SOOOOOOOO glad she tied them on so tightly! I was freaking out reading that part! They look so happy! I am so happy for them! YEAH MARIA!! Fun memories making sugar panoramic eggs with her and you!!

Megan said...

Maria looks GORGEOUS! What a happy day. I also enjoyed envisioning a wedding-day dinosaur attack. :-)

Anonymous said...

AMY!!! You are so awesome to put all this together. Joe and I just read through your blog and I was laughing my head off. Bratwurst feet seriously! Did you also notice my massive boob in the shot with me and Teo- it spans the entire length of my upper arm. I'm so glad you texted me or else I wouldn't have seen this until Monday at work. I think I'll frame the last shot as our family photo. Teo looks bored out of her mind, I just smelled a tunneling wound, and Joe's on happy pills.
I'm amazed at how much you did to make everything go so well. Thank you Thank you Thank you

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lisa Henderson said...

Maria you look so beautiful- CONGRATS!