July 14, 2008

Sunny Skies in Seattle (Day 1)

Last month I took a wonderful quick trip to Seattle for
Maria's wedding.
My friend Megan picked me up from the airport and the fun began immediately!

Our first stop... Pike Place Market!




I learned from ELJ to always drive up to the front of the parking lot closest to wherever you're going because there will probably be a parking spot waiting just for you! It almost always works!! It certainly did this day and we were so glad because it's hard (and expensive) to park in Seattle!






We made a quick pit stop and I thought this was just so Seattle -- boots and a dog in a woman's bathroom stall. Awesome. Also - how short is that door? A little privacy please!
Maybe that's why the dog was guarding. :)


Then... We were off to explore the Market!


Taste Test #1! Chocolate Linguine! Interesting!


Taste Test #2! Vinegar and Oil!

I brought home some yummy fig vinegar and
basil garlic parmesan olive oil.
Megan loved testing - so did I - but she loaded up each toothpick with like 5 (as she called them) "Sacrament Breads."


Ah, the flowers.


I always said if I got married in Seattle, I'd just send someone down to the Market on the day of the wedding. The flowers are amazingly gorgeous and giant bouquets like these cost $10-15.



Who can ever get enough of peonies???




All I can say about this guy... ewwww.

A live "razor clam." Sick.

It was dangling out of the shell all rubbery and nasty.

We did not buy these... just took a pic.

They were huge!

Sick.

Not really so happy - in fact the first not really so happy thing on the blog! Wow!


By now, (despite the nastiness) I was getting hungry so it was off to Jack's Fish Spot, where my friend Crystal used to work! They were really almost closed - but I convinced the nice, Spanish speaking employee to let me have some scallops and a crab cocktail. YUM!!!!!

Besides being a great picture of my nostrils and something black in my teeth (don't zoom in too close, please) this is also a pic of the nice man at the bar who let me eat one of his oysters. Wow! Noah would not believe it - but I ate a great big oyster! We said cheers and clinked our shells and down the hatch! Not Bad! Very sea-watery and a little chewy but not bad.

Meggy and I wanted a pic at the fish spot so the nice employee took it for us - but only if his friend could join us. Ok. Hi friend.




He was so cool, we hardly knew what to do with ourselves. Obviously. :)






Isn't this a gorgeous picture? Seattle is amazing.




CSI: Seattle.














I'm not sure what a taxi dog is either - but I thought it was a funny picture.





Some classic Seattle signs.

We almost stopped and drew a cane or walker on the senior crossing sign - but thought we'd better not. Why don't they have one on there though? It'd be so perfect!

What the heck is an Arterial? You can follow them all over Seattle. Makes me miss Colleen so much.
























We headed to Dick's to have a milkshake and we were not disappointed!
Nothing like a Dick's milkshake!
























And I love Target! (Pronounced Tar-jet)
It's the one in Northgate with the escalators.
Megan's so cute with her little basket on the escalator!

Target (pronounced Tar-zhay) is in Bellevue because it must be fancier over there.
Again -- So miss Colleen.







Megan and Ben are so great.
They are seriously the model of what I hope to have someday in a marriage.
(And they're kind-of twinners in this pic!)
And they are just the best friends EVER!
I won't ever forget -- "Stopping, stopping." "Dontcha wanna dance! HUH!" And so many more!
Thanks for letting me use your car! Love you guys!!!


More to come...

Megan and Ben and Seattle, obviously, make me SO HAPPY!!!!!

5 comments:

Stacey said...

That's so awesome!! I love all your pictures. It makes me want to visit Seattle! (I already want to visit to try and find Seattle Grace Hospital and all my Grey's friends...) When I saw the nasty nasty picture I didn't know why it was so nasty...So I clicked on it to enlarge and oh my gosh it was siiiick. so disgusting! But funny!! I think disgusting things are ok as long as they're funny. I'm excited to see what happened on the other days!

LynnEl Springer said...

Awesome blog today Aim! I am sure that you totally missed Colleen - she made you so happy with all of your joking and funny sayings! She was hilarious! So much of Seattle memories for you are of your little excursions with Colleen! But what happy memories they are! They always make you smile! And I loved the fun reunion pictures from Bekah today!! yeah!

Fig said...

Okay, the tasting looks fantastic. And fig vinegar! Hee hee.

Also, I am dying - DYING - to go to the Target with the escalator. I love Target (pronounced Tar-zhay in my hood).

Good post!

Lisa Henderson said...

I so miss Seattle sometimes...cant wait to see pics of Maria's wedding (Im assuming this is the Maria that I knew)

Megan said...

Ohhh Amy, you make ME so happy!! Oh my goodness we had so much fun! Your blog entries are so entertaining and funny, they just make my day when I read one. You are such an awesome friend. I feel incredibly blessed to know you. I just have one question - where is the oh-so-flattering pic of you with the milkshake in my car? heehee