July 22, 2008

Thank you for being a friend...

Well - the Florida sun has set for one Golden Girl.

Estelle Getty - best loved by me as Sophia - died today at age 84.


The girls at work were so nice about breaking the news to me.
Then both Annie and Heather sent me a text to let me know they were feeling my pain.
I have such good friends.

You could say they're a lot like these ladies...

Watching the Golden Girls has provided more laughter in my life and so much fun with EJR.

Some favorite Sophia lines...
Dorothy and Blanche are both in Sophia's bedroom
talking about Rose.
Sophia wants to be going to sleep but can't since
everyone's in her room.
Then Rose knocks on the door and Sophia's had it.
Rose says, "Sophia?"
Sophia says, "Hi. This is Sophia. I'm not in. Leave a message after the beep and I'll get back to you. Beep."
Rose says, "Hi... This is Rose..."

Rose comes in with some very smelly catfood.
When Sophia walks in she smells it and says,
"Is that seafood medly?"
Rose says, "Well, yes it is!"
Dorothy says, "Ma! How did you know that?"
Sophia says, "They used to feed it to us at Shady Pines."
Dorothy says, "Ma - they did not force you to eat seafood medly at the nursing home."
Sophia says, "No they didn't. You could go hungry."

Have any favorite Golden Girls moments?

Which one's your favorite?
What made you laugh today?

Those Golden Girls have made me So Happy.

5 comments:

Lisa Henderson said...

I use to sneak to watch the Golden Girls because it was on the list of shows my mom wouldnt let us watch!

LynnEl Springer said...

Amy - you are hilarious! People you don't even know have made big diffences in your life! I'm glad you see the happy side of life! I didn't even know who she was!! So funny! I think I watched an episode or two with you - but it was never on my list of things to watch - like AMC was!

Fig said...

Never watched it, but I wish I had!

When I saw on the news that she died, my first thought was of you. Random! I guess somehow I knew you were a GG fan . . .

Amy said...

Fig - That's hilarious! I wonder if Ryn told you somehow or if I just give off the GG vibe? Super funny! And don't worry - you can still watch it -- I've got most of the seasons so if you want to have a slumber party sometime we can eat cheesecake and enjoy some Blanche, Rose, Dorothy and Sophia! :) Love it!

April said...

I totally thought of you when I saw that on the news! Oh Estelle.