July 16, 2008

Here Comes the Bride! (AKA Ode to Maria: Seattle Day 3)

(This is my favorite picture ever of Maria. We were almost to Prague...)

Maria, Maria, Maria.

Your eyes, they are so many... wait - that's ode to a potato!

Ok. I have a lot of pictures of Maria. Well - she was my roommate for 4 years! And my friend for longer than that. Maria is the best. Let's just face it. Nobody can say corn nut like Maria. Nobody would listen to my gross nursing home stories like Maria. Nobody would let me take so many pics of them (and so many with food! We were apparently constantly eating!) like Maria. Nobody would watch ANTM with me like Maria... Maria is just the best.

I never remember Maria ever being mad at me. Wow. Not even once. And when Hilda died, Maria stayed up late until I got home so I wouldn't be alone and could talk to her.
And she cried a little too.

So forgive me for paying tribute to
the wonderful Relief Society President of the Seattle 5th Ward and
the very new Mrs. Joe Rank.

Maria's just the best.

Let the memories begin!!!

(There will be some Seattle stuff too. Because it was day 3 before I even saw Maria!)


So pensive.
So ducky.
(on the Duck right before I moved from Seattle)


You are the freshmaker. (Somewhere over Greenland)

Oh Miki you're so fine! You're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Miki!
(This man may actually be one of the 3 Nephites (except he offered us whiskey) because he basically
saved us on the way from Vienna to Budapest.)


Um... what's in there? And why are you so blurry?


Scariest bed and breakfast ever. But so funny. I'm laughing right now. Out loud.







Breakfast served by Sean Penn. :)


Ummm... What's in there? So scary.

Sausage fingers!!!





Budapest welcomes Maria. The Turkish Bath welcomes Maria. The naked guy in the window welcomes Maria. Thanks for the reenactment, Maria. :)

























Yum Salty! Be Careful!











Collage O'Maria.













































































This is not Maria - but it was in Maria's elevator (Claustrophobia!) and we both love Colleen and Sister Weeks --
Woo Hoo Steamer!

This day was inappropriately hot.









(I may get in trouble for this one...) But those stick-to-the-side-of-your-face-plastic-roll-up-glasses are stylin.
And yes - God Bless you Vicar Pat. God Bless us Everyone.

S'mores at the BluWater!

That asparagus just cracks me up!


Oh - The Buenos Aires Grill! She's just going for it! Milanesa!!!
So much meat. So much love.

"Oh No - We busy! We have customer!" We love Anna and miss her so much now that she moved away to Vietnam! But that didn't keep us from frequenting Anna's Nails the day before the wedding for a lovely mani/pedi... then on to Greek food! YUM!

The bride to be!


















No - my legs are not as white as my pants - but almost.















Arms on sticks.








Yummy Greek food!








Twinners! Maria and Sonja
(not actually twins but they dressed like it!)


I took this while driving across a floating bridge to map out
the wedding route.
The Mountain is so gorgeous!


Rosie!
All these gorgeous flowers were arranged by our
lovely and talented friend, Rosie!
It was so fun to stay with her -- she even served me breakfast outside in her wonderful backyard. Rosie is so fun and creative and kind. And obviously talented! Check out these arrangements!

Maria's wedding bouquet

















So tomorrow -- wedding pictures.



























What's your favorite Maria moment/memory?
(Maria Von Trapp, Maria on Sesame Street, Maria Shriver...) :)

You can see what a wonderful place Seattle is and what a wonderful friend Maria is.
"Oh you." :)

I am so lucky to have such great friends and
such wonderful memories.
I could go on and on and on about Maria - but suffice it to say...
She makes me So Happy.

5 comments:

Lisa Henderson said...

I got up this morning and couldnt wait to turn on the computer to check your blog! Those are such fun pictures of you and Maria! It was such a happy surprise to see Rosie too! What is she up to now?

Im anxiously awaiting tomorrows pics!

Lisa Henderson said...

Oh and my favorite Maria memory (or most lasting perhaps) was when you guys had Kabi and I over for dinner and you made us the rosemary polenta. Its one of John and my favorite things to eat. I went and bought that Martha Stewart cookbook within days of eating there!

Anonymous said...

Hold the door please. Be careful. There's nothing funny about that. She's warning us against the dangers of walking through a darkened tunnel.
Vicar Pat.
I've decided not to be embarassed by the horrific pictures (such as the roll-up sunglasses) (such as) because there are just too many. Life's too short to be embarassed.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

oops sorry I keep hitting the button twice. Twitchy fingers. Let's see if I can do it right this time.