July 24, 2008

Pioneer Amy talked as she drove and drove and drove and drove...

Two years ago today I drove my U-Haul Wagon into the Valley.


Isn't it beautiful?
I talked so much on the way that I was WAY over my minutes
-- by 800 minutes!
Fortunately Verizon helped me out and changed my plan.
Phew!

We were so tired after unloading.
Then about a week later I had to move everything again because my apartment flooded.
So move #2.

Then I moved into my condo! Move #3.
That's it.
No more moving.

I Love my condo!
Except it really needs to be painted.
Sometime soon. Get ready everybody!

Those first few months here were so fun!
I went to Vegas,

Enjoyed BYU Football with Ryn, Steve and Wesley,


Enjoyed BBQ's with the Pyro-Pit and the Fam,

(who has the pics of the pyro-pit?)

(Lani had pics of the pyro-pit! Thanks!)

and had my first favorite dinner party ever!


Then -- there was a lot of death.


(not me)

There was more. Not So Happy.

But there were lots of other really happy things in
the last two years!

Aidan!


Seth and Katie got married!


Grad School!


Stacey's having a baby!


Disneyland!


Sister Beck!

So many miracles!

Young Women!

3 trips to Seattle!

(Isn't that an amazing pic? I took that!)

Like 1000 blind dates - maybe not really so happy!

Happy Birthday lunches!

And lots more.

Yesterday on Shutter Sisters there was a wonderful post about time passing.
She said that when we say, "This too shall pass" we always think of the bad things.

But the truth is - it all will pass.

The good times with friends, the happy moments with family,
the peaceful seasons with God --
it all passes.

Their question was- what are you doing to pass the time?
And how are you making sure you remember it before it passes?
Interesting isn't it?

These last two years haven't been entirely happy -
but I am so glad that I live in Utah now.
It's wonderful to be close to family and friends here.
I love living close to the Headquarters of the Church --
getting to go to Conference and special events like
President Hinckley's Funeral.
(He died too in the last two years.)

I love Utah.

I'm so grateful that Brigham Young brought the Saints out here and that they followed him!
Leaving Nauvoo couldn't have been easy.
But they did it.
And so did I.

And I really am So Happy.

6 comments:

LynnEl Springer said...

Wow. Great blog. Some pix I've never seen - and that rhino looks like he's going to come right out of the truck and get you - great pic of Ryn and Wes at the game! Four siblings together unloading the truck. Quite the memory lane you took us down today - all great pioneer people. thoughtful, so thoughtful. Just want to sit and think and review those pix over and over. The one of the flowers of Seattle - gorgeous! Beautiful thoughts. Pioneer day - a time to remember the past.

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy...I can't say it enough - your blog makes me happy. :) You are so positive and you radiate. I love it. Thanks for this post. I need to send everyone over here...because I think everyone needs to be reminded of these things.

Janelle Johnson said...

I just have to say that I think you do a wonderful job at "remembering" all of the times you have in this life.

Katie said...

That may have been the greatest post ever! I'm not lying one bit. It almost made me cry. I can’t wait to live in Utah with you! I am going to be helping my sister paint her place when we move down and I want to help you too! That would be so fun. Lets chat about it!

Stacey said...

Aw, I LOVE Utah, too!!!! This post made me so happy! It's awesome!

Megan said...

Amy, you are totally amazing. You have had some serious trials in your life, and yet I can think of very few people who are as thankful and positive as you! You are incredible. And so funny. Who else would say, "And a lot of death...oh yeah but not me." Only you, my dear. So delightfully witty.