April 2, 2008

The Lord Loves A Coincidence

After having the best day ever and realizing how extraordinarily blessed I am, I thought it would be good to share the joy and spread a little happiness! Maybe they'll only be things that make me happy... but hey - you never know until you try, right sir? And I figure, if I'm looking for things to post then I'll be happy going about my day looking for happiness. And who doesn't like that? So - even though I feel like I'm totally succumbing to societal pressure and even though I'm a little concerned about not being "virtually cool" - I'm not going to worry. I'm just going to write about happy things every day - or as often as is bloggerly possible! So here goes!

Happiness #1. So I'm walking out of the Visitor's Center on Temple Square with my Young Women after having seen the Testaments. It was great. We had the theater almost entirely to ourselves and two of my girls sat right in the front to be as close as possible. Afterwards we went up and saw the Christus and talked. And then as we're walking past the Temple back to our cars - miraculously - we happen to see Sister Beck!
Ok - all you that know me know there are few things I love more than General Relief Society Presidents! She was so nice to us - we took pictures (I just happened to have my camera) and met her husband and she hugged all of us. And I thought my heart would expand right out of my chest! She is definitely one of my heroes and favorite people! We all skipped off Temple Square we were so happy. Corny, yes. Happy, yes. Literally, yes - we skipped.

Sometimes I really think I might be Heavenly Father's favorite. I mean, I know He loves all you all. But really. So happy.

3 comments:

LynnEl Springer said...

I love it when you're so happy! I could hardly understand you last night when you called to tell me about seeing Sis. Beck, because you were so excited! I'm also happy that I get to be the mother of one of Heavenly Father's favorites!!

yoyis said...

That is sooo cool!!! I am so happy for you Amy. You have a very sweet soul.
Aurora

Fig said...

Hi, sister of my best friend. This is an amazing site - I'm a huge fan of blatant optimism, even though it's not something I personally am good at. :-)

I love Sister Beck. I'm still a little defensive on the subject, after all the fire she came under last year for messages that I thought were PERFECT and AMAZING. I'm jealous that you met her! I agree, you just might be a favorite.

(P.S. You look great in the pictures. Skinny-minny.)