April 11, 2008

A Bottle of Sweet Oil and a Feather


Annie, Amy and Heather - happy to not be in class!




My favorite new happy place to go: Elizabeth's Tea House!

So Fun!

So English!

So Yummy!















While we were sitting by this lovely window the lovely English shop-keeper came over to tell us that if we got too warm we were so welcome to lower the lovely window shade! Lovely!

The secret is we actually went there (Annie and I) two days in a row. They serve Cadbury hot chocolate that is delish! And I've so been bitten by the travel bug lately -- A. I haven't been anywhere for a while, B. I'm totally infatuated with London - I used to want to be an English teacher because I was so infatuated with all of it - castles, Shakespeares, hobbits, C.S. Lewis etc etc etc... (And we're studying London for girls camp this summer because each ward in the stake had to choose a Temple to have as their theme for their camp and so the girls chose London! Yeah! I was so proud of their creativity! We're trying to speak in a British accent as often as possible so we can accomplish a whole week of it at camp! Ok - digression over.) (Well, maybe not. I swear I can't keep to one subject! What makes me happy is my friends who know that I flit from one subject to the next interrupting myself, my train of thought and sometimes them when I get distracted by whatever I see and just have to share! It's even happening on the blog! I'll try and restrain myself... ) and C. if you haven't read through "The Weakest Pen"... well, you're missing out on some good humor! My friend Rachel was over in London for work and reading her blog makes me incredibly happy! and just a tiny bit jealous!! :) And anxious to travel!

So, for now, to get that English fix, we head to Elizabeth's and eat pastys and tarts, sausage rolls and meat pies, have tea and cocoa and imagine.

And it makes us happy.

So happy.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Anyone know why it won't let me change the size of the text? I only wanted a few words to be smallest - but then they all wanted to join in and I don't know how to stop the peer pressure... Ideas?

Rachel said...

Ok, that place looks amazing. When I come back to Utah I definitely want to go!

I'm glad I discovered your blog. Love it!

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joe and Joanne said...

Very fun Amy! I love London too - it's a happening place. My favorite place to go when I am in Great Britain though (usually I'm on business) is Oxford. It's amazing, and definately worth the hour train ride out there.

About the font: It's kind of tricky - you have to highlight everything and then choose a font that you've never chosen before to get it out of the "funk" that it resides in, and then try to switch it back to the font you like. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. (One of the few glitches about Blogging).

LynnEl Springer said...

Missed talking to you this weekend - but I was so tired! Got to the quilt show in Chicago all day Saturday and then slept til 10 a.m. on Sunday! Yeah! Got to church and then had to go to Tuscola for Youth Conf. meetings - got home at 8:30 - and went to bed at 10. So tired, but good weekend. I hope yours was too! We love you! Mom and Dad!