April 5, 2008

High On the Mountaintop!


I love General Conference!
Could Temple Square be any more beautiful?


I got to go to Conference on Saturday morning and I was so happy to stand and sustain President Monson as our new Prophet.
(If you click his name you can hear his talk from Sunday Morning.)


I love that there are 8 hours of talks that we get to listen to and I'm always a little sad when we hear them say, "And then the Conference will be adjourned for six months..."

I am thrilled that the new Apostle is Elder D. Todd Christofferson. Not one of my guesses, but (you'll be surprised to know) they didn't consult me before making the call. :)

I'm also excited about the new Young Women General Presidency! Sister Tanner's talk was delightful and we will miss her.

Sister Dalton is a wonderful woman.
We have loved her for years now.
So many exciting changes!


The Temple is so beautiful. There is so much beauty all around it's almost impossible to take it all in.

Aren't we blessed to have such memorable days and experiences?

The Church is So True!
Click on the link and hear for yourself!

Wonderful Wonderful General Conference!

So happy.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

hahaha I'm sorry they didn't call you about Elder Christofferson. I thought it was so cool when they called him, because even though I had NO idea who it would be when they called his name I was like, "Oh, duh! Of course it's him!!!" I wish I could've gone with you, I've NEVER been to conference in the conference center! We'll have to go sometime!

Joe and Joanne said...

Wow Amy, so amazing and exciting to see your comment on my blog. How did you find me? I'm so glad you did and to find you've joined the world of blogging too. :)
How are you? How is everything in Utah? The pictures you have a temple square are gorgeous. We don't have any foliage yet in Massachusetts, but hopefully some will spring forth soon.
Good to hear from you.