June 2, 2008

If you want to destroy my sweater... Hold this thread while I walk away!

Not only so happy - but so funny.

Last Thursday my oldest, and soon to be graduating, young woman had her final choir concert of the year -- so good. She even had a solo - her first ever! So proud.


She also stole the stage... when she had a little wardrobe malfunction! It was taking a little while for the choir director to come on stage after a "costume change" and when she did she said, "You just wouldn't believe what happens backstage..." and then who was following? My lovely holding the back of her dress closed! It was wide open about down to her waist and she was trying so hard to hold it together behind her back -- it was not working too well!

So I couldn't resist... and everyone followed suit - we all clapped and laughed and yelled and she was so gracious and graceful -- taking a bow and curtsying and being generally adorable.

THEN! The adorable, quick thinking and modesty-loving young man standing behind her took off his jacket and gave it to her! And the crowd went wild!!!


So for the rest of the performance, in that dress, she wore his jacket. So cute.

(Here's a little 30 second sample of their great concert!)



My modest little Young Women make me, So Happy.

4 comments:

Lani said...

What a fun night! And what a fine young lady! :-)

cherlyn and family said...

So cool and I am excited to you when we come to utah.

LynnEl Springer said...

So Happy!! Don't you just love it when people are kind to others! And the song was great! Add some of the video of my little adorable grandson here too - he makes you so happy!! and me too! And your brother is no longer a teenager today! Wow! How did that happen?

yoyis said...

That was so kind!! I love YW. I admire so much in them and I learn from them too. We made our flag for camp tonight and we took pictures of them. All so cute!! With so much ahead of them.. HOPES of great futures.

BTW...Come visit me...