June 3, 2008

A Butcher, A Baker, A Candlestick Maker or Just a Baker.

So this weekend I felt a little overly-focused on all the disadvantages of having a physical body.

My wonderful, dear friend, EJR, always tells me that I need to live the advantages of being single, since I don't really have a choice about living the disadvantages.

She lives with so many disadvantages of a physical body...

So I decided it was time to experience some advantages!

And what are the advantages of having a physical body? Well, one for sure is... EATING! YUM!

With this in mind I looked through all my cookbooks (yes, I have cookbooks, don't act so shocked) and came up with four decadent recipes that I decided would make life worth living.

And I was right!

I only took pictures of two of them (because my camera battery died and I was running late and forgot to take my camera after it was charged) but all of them were scrumptious!!

Just listen to these happy names that make your mouth start watering! Rolo cookies,

S'more bars (Ryn's recipe), Apple Crisp (Mom's recipe) and Chocolate Caramel Pecan Pie (Lion House receipe). YUM!

And the crowd went wild!

All the desserts were a definite success... Tell the truth, isn't your mouth watering???

Having a physical body (and eating) makes me, So Happy.

7 comments:

April said...

are you bringing a plate over to our house? I've never had those s'mores bars but I think I really really love them.

Stacey said...

Um OH my holy freak! You need to post the recipes for those pronto!!! I think I'd sell a kidney to try a rolo cookie!

Amy said...

"And you'd save a life too" Stacey! hahahahahahahaha

yoyis said...

That looks so good!!! I want some... like right now would be perfect!! I am grateful for my physical body too, even though is not exactly the shape I would like (LOL) or used to be I am still healthy. So grateful for that. Amy, your blog makes me so happy!!

LynnEl Springer said...

Yes, Yoyis said it right on - Amy, your blog makes me so happy!! :) And I've never had a rolo cookie either - I bet Ryn would have loved them - cuz Rolos were her fav - I used to buy her her very own bag for Easter and Christmas! Happy memories!

Fig said...

I LOVE Rolo cookies, and I especially love the S'more Bars recipe I gave Catheryn two years ago - addictive, aren't they?

Your pictures are great!

Anonymous said...

Oh my - as soon as I'm done with this stupid diet - I am SO making those rolo cookies!! Maybe you could post the recipes for the others??