June 9, 2008

Hey Everybody it's Family Night!!

Can you sing the rest of the words to that song? (Tamra?)

Well, my friends, I did it. And I am proud of myself. And it was fun! Who knew!

Tonight - I went to my first "single adult FHE" (well - without my group of friends with whom I usually attend FHE (when I can (which is not very often))) and it was GREAT!

I just want to say I believe in FHE - (even if you're a "family of one"(stuff like that makes me laugh - like saying "special interest." especially it makes me laugh when people 1. ask me if I'm married. then 2. ask me how old I am when I say no. then 3. tell me - "oh that's ok. you're young. you have plenty of time." Plenty of time for what? Plenty of time until my eggs dry up or I grow a beard or until I die or what? That is always such a funny conversation to me. Just don't ask people! (back to happiness (apparently parentheses are happy!!!)))

So the point is - yeah for FHE. Not only are you spiritually uplifted with people that you care about - or in my situation, potentially care about, you get to have good treats and a fun activity. Love it! Tonight we ate so much yummy food, learned about Joseph Smith and mingled - which can or cannot be a fun activity. But I made it fun - for me anyway. Hopefully others too! :)

So what I'm saying is that I'm publicly acknowledging that I'm committed to participating more often and giving Heavenly Father a chance to help me out by actually talking to human men.

Being obedient makes me So Happy!

8 comments:

Stacey said...

You crack me up! I love that you said "human men" instead of just men...Like you've just been talking to infant men or male dogs or something :) I'm glad you liked FHE! Sounds like it was way fun! I'm always horrible in new situations where I don't know anyone because I don't talk to anyone...But it's just so much better to just talk and have fun! Good job!

LynnEl Springer said...

Like Stacey said. You crack me up too! So happy to laugh with you about situations that present themselves in our lives! Some people are so dumb about the things they say! Oh, well, you just have to laugh! I'm always happy when you're happy! Glad you enjoyed FHE! I talked to Carolyn last night and she and Steve have FHE every week - just the two of them, and Steve actually will play whatever card game or board game that Carolyn gets out! I was impressed! I'm going there tonight because both Steve and Dad are out of town, so she's fixing dinner and I'm going there and we're going to play a game called hand and foot! Can't wait! So happy!

LynnEl Springer said...

One more thing - I could NOT sing that whole song "Hey Everybody, It's family night" but I can hear the tune in my head!

Lani said...

Hee hee. You make me smile and laugh. ;-)
p.s. I've never heard that song before... I think. What's it from??

Amy said...

The song's from "I'm a Mormon" and it goes -- "Hey everybody it's family night... you'd better take the phone off the hook. Come on everybody it's family night... I've already got the family night book!" and it goes on from there - but it's awesome. All those songs are aweseome!

Joe and Joanne said...

Great post Amy, I am sure you will be blessed very 'happily' for going to FHE. I believe in it too, and think that many wonderful friendships will stem from that choice.

Just an FYI that for security reasons I have locked off my blog to invited readers only. I didn't have your email address, but you are more than welcome to read my blog. Just email me your email address at: jr[mylastname]@yahoo.fr and I will set you up to log into my account. Don't use the brackets in the email address it's just jr + my last name. And remeber it's not .com, it's .fr (French email site, because French makes me happy!) :)

~Cmac~ said...

Yay for human men! :)

Anonymous said...

I had no idea that was a song...but I unknowingly replaced "ladies" with "family"..."You know it's family night and the mood is right, you know it's family night, oh what a night"... I hate that song.

Anyways all I was going to say was, No Amy, YOU are RAD.

-Noah