May 27, 2008

Singing in the Rain... Well Planting Anyway.

So what to do when your friend's plants need planting and tomorrow she's leaving on vacation and today it's raining?

Plant
in the rain! So fun!

There were pink daisies and yellow marigolds for the front yard and petunias and lots of other pretty plants for the side and back yards but I don't remember their names... Sorry plants. At first it wasn't really raining much - but then it really started coming down! We headed inside, then ventured out again even though it hadn't really stopped yet. Then when it rained harder we decided to just keep working - well ELJ really decided and I followed suit cuz it was fun to be in the rain (and because she gave me a big sack of groceries that they couldn't eat since they were heading on vacation so I had to pay off my bill!)! But pretty soon it was POURING - why don't I have pics!!! - so we waited it out, dripping wet, inside. And, as I'm sure you guessed, when we were almost done with all the planting, the sun came out bright and clear to tell us how happy it was to see new plants to shine on.

Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of ELJ and me out in the rain - but we were cute for sure. I also don't have pics of the 14 inches of mud on the 2 pairs of gloves I was using to squish down the mud around the plants once they were in - but I'm not joking about 14 inches. (Well - maybe I am a little cuz that's like more than a foot of mud - so I'll give you that.) And I don't have pics of all the wriggly earthworms that were helping all the plants grow, grow, grow! There were lots!

Then, as Noah says, isn't it a miracle that just one seed, some dirt and water and you get something good! Food that can sustain you (not to mention getting replanted by using the seeds from the very plant that you planted! and getting more food next year!) or lovely flowers that make you and the world happy. Miracle!!!

But I'll get pics of the pretty plants we planted and you will be impressed with my new found skill! It's not so hard to plant things and it's super fun to play in the mud!

Planting, rain, flowers and ELJ equals So Happy.

2 comments:

LynnEl Springer said...

Life in the rain and in the sunshine can be happy depending on what you're doing and who you are doing it with!!! ELJ is such a fun person and we are happy that she is feeling and doing better!

Stacey said...

Haha!!! I can just picture it in my mind! I bet you guys looked awesome together! You'll just have to get together again and plant in the rain another time so we can get the pictures of it. How fun!