August 24, 2008

Here {I} Come Again!

Wow. I have been so bloggy neglectful.
But have no fear.
My lack of posts does not reflect any sort of lack of happiness.
In fact, there has been so much happiness that I hardly know where to begin!
Except of course I know where to begin because --
Remember how I went to see Dolly????
(If you don't, you soon will!!!)

So - I won't start blogging, yet, exactly
(except to put up a little pic of Dolly just for a taste of what's to come).

Suffice it to say this last month has been one of the very best of my life and there is so much happiness headed to this page -
- well, it's just bursting out of me.
I've crossed off two items from my "list of things to do before I die" in just the last three weeks.

Amazing.
And I've been grounded and centered and I remember what's really, really important again.
And I LOVE our country.
And I LOVE my family.
And I LOVE the Midwest.
And I LOVE Dolly.

So I had to download 8 gigabytes of pictures and look through 816 posts from other blogs that I like to look at.
I didn't.
Well - I did download - but I quickly skimmed other's blogs (except those of you that I love!) and I am sure I missed hundreds of recipes, cute things kids did, book reviews, latest cutest helpful products, great camera angles and more.
Oh well.
Like I said - I'm starting to remember what's really important again - and maybe there really is something to simple living.
I've purged years of "stuff" and gotten all filled up again with what's real and good.

So - get ready all.
And thanks to all those who asked me to please get blogging again!
I'm so excited to share this last month with all of you,
and, as always, I am,
So Happy!!!

5 comments:

Fig said...

Great post! I'm inspired by your purging and re-centering and de-cluttering and whatever else. I want to do the same thing!

And I'm glad you're back.

LynnEl Springer said...

Remember when Dolly came out and stood right by us? Oh, yeah! Remember when you forgot to eat because you were so excited! Remember the guys with the squirts? So much fun!!! So happy! So glad you're part of our family! So happy you came to visit us - and took me to see Dolly!!! :)

Katie said...

I can't wait to hear all about the long vacation! You already heard all about ours and now it’s your turn. I understand neglect of the blog- it’s been too long since I updated mine too! Summer gets to busy sometimes! Thanks for picking us up at the airport! It was so great to see you.

Meeker home said...

Amy- you are so cute!! And I totally agree...Simplify, simplify is a recurring theme in our house. Can't wait to hear all about your trip. It sounds like a great time!

Megan said...

YAY!! I'm so glad you're back! Oh how I missed reading your blog!!!