January 27, 2009

Rise and Shout?

It's official. I'll be speaking at BYU Women's Conference.

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!! And wow. I feel so blessed and a huge weight of responsibility.

Anyone who can spare the time -- I would so appreciate your support that day!

Mark your calendars -- I think I'll be speaking on April 30 at 2:00 p.m. somewhere on BYU campus.

You can register online already! Or if you can only come for my talk I can get you a ticket for just that session. I know - it's a Thursday, in the middle of the day, in Provo. But... Please? I'd love to see friendly faces in the audience. Not that the sisters that go to Women's Conference aren't friendly - but you get what I mean.

It's a huge honor - but wow.

My topic is "Come what may and love it: Choosing joy and faith in Jesus Christ."

Thoughts?

Women's Conference still (and knowing who else we'll get to hear from on May 1 (my favorite day of the year) (see labels for a clue...)) makes me So Happy!

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

AAAAAHHHH...this is when I wish I lived in Utah. I would SO be there! ooooohhh this makes me so excited for you. Of course I'm not in the least bit surprise since you're so awesome and all that...Very cool - congratulations!

sojay said...

Amy!! Oh my goodness!! You'll be great. Hey, you could do the Michael Ballam thing--I caught a broadcast of him giving a talk and he totally sang acapella from the pulpit. It was kind of funny.

I'll totally come hear you speak!

Is it supposed to be based on Elder Wirthlin's talk?

You've got to say something about being single.

LynnEl Springer said...

I am so excited about this for you! It will be so wonderful! Hey, do you know when Denise will be speaking? I sure hope it's not at the same time you are - cuz I have to go to hear her too...So don't let them plan your talk and her talk at the same times! Okay?

Oh, and I have another name for your poll - Wonken!

maria said...

That's so exciting! I know you'll do really well. You carry talks with you in your bag - you'll be prepared enough. How long is your talk? An hour? It's like a class, right?
Are cameras allowed? I want to see pictures of you in action. Remember how you took pictures on the sly at that one synagogue?
I don't get some of those usernames.

Bekah said...

Oh Amy, what an honor. I wish I could be there. Is there any way I could see it in CA?
I will pray for your inspiration, but I'm sure that you will be great.

Meeker home said...

Yeah! Of course you're speaking. It will just prepare you for your future calling as General RS Pres :) I will definitely try to be there!!

yoyis said...

Soooo.... I will go to Women's Conference!! I am so excited. I am just waiting for a friend so we can go together and I will register. I can't wait to hear you speak. See ya there!!

Chioma said...

Hey you taught our seminary for a bit! congrats on women's conference! when you're in provo pleaaaaaase try to see me if you're not too busy! :)

Denise said...

Amy, found your blog from your mom's following MY blog. You sound fun...can't wait to meet you. And I WILL be a friendly face at your presentation for Women's Conference. I just got my schedule and am very glad to see that I won't have to miss it when I am speaking. I LOVE the talk by E. Wirthlin that you are presenting on...can't wait!

Oh....and Mo'men...that sounds fun! But so do ALL the others! Like I said, can't wait to meet you.

Denise Demers