January 7, 2009

It's Electric! (BoogyWoogyWoogyWoo!)

Well -- Hello 2009!

Today while I was getting ready for work, I heard Patrick Swayze singing "She's like the wind" and it made me feel two things. One: Really, Patrick? She's like the wind through your tree? What the heck? Two: I miss blogging. So here I am!

I'm taking a new, simpler approach to blogging. Just thoughts, short, random, whatev... And no more Dolly titles. Unless they're easy to come up with but that was keeping me from blogging! I am rather impressed with myself though for making it 5 months (ok 4, because I did not post even ONCE in December) with all titles of Dolly songs. Oh, remember Dolly? Love her!!! I have so much to post!!!

So. Yesterday I got out of bed. Good job, me. For some reason though, my lovely, fleecy pajama pants loaded up on static from my sheets and when I hit the snooze button on my alarm, I was shocked so hard that I actually saw the electricity! I saw the shock. It lit up! Like the lifesavers you can spark with! That was my finger. Ow! It happened like 4 more times because I like to snooze. Ow! What's up with all that electricity?

Getting shocked doesn't really make me so happy but blogging again and with a new cute for winter 2009 background (found at http://www.simplychicblogs.blogspot.com/) - So Happy.

11 comments:

Lisa Henderson said...

Glad youre back!

maria said...

ha ha - that's hilarious that you kept getting shocked, rather than getting up or something.

Glad to see you're blogging again.

LynnEl Springer said...

We are so happy to see you up and blogging with your shocking personality and writing skills! So happy!

Meeker home said...

Yeah! You're back!

Bekah said...

I've thought that about she's like the wind. "She wakes me with moonlight only to burn me with the sun." What in the world. But that part in Dirty Dancing.
Oh, man!
So excited to see a new post on your blog. Love the background.
How was the Christmas concert?
What kind of big plans do you have for 2009? Any trips to CA? How is your job?
Happy New Year!

sojay said...

I laughed out loud about the shock business! You are so funny!

yoyis said...

WOW!!! I thought you were so busy with your new job and all and that was why you were not blogging!!! Who cares about the titles!! I just want to read your super incredible posts. I enjoy them so much!!! I am glad I know you!!!HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! (still sad you didn't get to see my parents, not my fault I promise)

kathys said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kathys said...

did you know that rebecca romjin-whatever-her-name-is named one of her twins after dolly parton?

welcome back! :)

Katie said...

YAY! Your back. I wasn’t sure if you’d ever come back. I’m glad your blogging again. I excited to here all your little random thoughts. I also like the new layout!

Unknown said...

Love to read all the things you write. I am going to be with you for your talk at BYU on Thursday. Can't wait - well, yes I can wait - my life is going by fast enough. That driveway sure came up fast las Monday - but I am okay. Love you Grandma L