November 14, 2008

Speakin' of the Devil

Yesterday I was visiting with an elderly gentleman who LOVES to talk. It takes me 25 minutes to just get out of his house - and that's after I'm standing up, with my hand on the door knob all ready to leave. He always comes up with one more thing to say so I can't leave - which really is sad and sweet at the same time.

But last night it was FUNNY. Because he said to me, "I've figured out the problem with the Mormon Church."

"Oh you have?" said I. "What would that be?"

And he said, "Well, they've been having so many problems, you know, in California, because of that Preparation H."

I didn't hear much of anything else he said.

Stuff like that makes me So Happy.

7 comments:

supercalla said...

I wish it was just that easy. Thanks for the laugh Amy. I really needed it today.

Preparation H, ha ha.

Megan said...

What?? That is awesome. I love it. And I love YOU, for being the kind of sweet wonderful person the world needs - I love that you visit old people and LOVE it!! Remember the sweet old guy from the airplane when I picked you up? We helped him get his luggage then stalked him out to the parking lot to make sure he didn't die? Pretty sure he was hitting on you.

by the way my word to verify is "bruton" which, in case you didn't know, is a manly cruton.

LynnEl Springer said...

That experience you had is too hilarious! Prep. H!!!! Prop 8 - almost the same!!!! ;)

cherlyn and family said...

My goodness you are right on the nose.

Joe and Joanne said...

:) That is HILARIOUS - Bless him!

On another note: I went to try adding myself as one of your happy followers but it won't let me. Perhaps you have it set not to allow "blocked" followers? Let me know, I am seriously technolgically unsavvy at times so may just be doing it wrong.
(in case you need an email in order for a blocked account to follow, that is: jrstillmaker@yahoo.fr)

yoyis said...

I lauged when I got the email and I keep laughing...that is FUNNY.
Hey, about 3 weeks and they'll be here huh??? So exciting...

W.W. said...

Helarious!