June 21, 2009

Your Mom's Face

Yesterday was such a good Saturday!

Can you believe it started with exercise?? Amazing. I never would've gotten out of bed if Carolyn hadn't called and had the discipline to go to the gym early on a Saturday morning when we had been dancing the night away late the night before! I was glad I did it though! Because then I ate like a mad-woman the rest of the day! YUM!

First up... Blue Plate Diner.

This obviously wasn't taken yesterday - or by me at all. Just rain - no snow.

The S.M.A Omelet (spinach, mushroom, and.) Good Food. Good Environment. Great Friends.

And RAIN! It felt so much like Seattle yesterday -- I loved every second. I loved that my hair was all flat and I loved the thunder and the comfort that somehow comes with the rain. So cozy.

Next... Mini's!


We headed straight over and had 85 conversations at once about the city, okra, your mom's face and creamy mashed potatoes.

I love Mini's. And so do Carolyn and Casey. Yum Peanut Butter Fix!


I am a certified Springer. As you can see. Although my brother can fit two hot dogs WITH bun in his mouth at once. Or a can of Coke. Serious.


I had a s'mores please cupcake and got a diva cupcake for my later meal... and Nalene enjoyed Twisted Sister. The cupcake - not the group. Well, maybe the group. Just not yesterday.

I was the only one to make an enormous mess. Oh well.

Last "official" meal of the day -- Thaifoon! Yum again!!! It was Amy's Birthday so we celebrated with some Thai food and great conversation. Carolyn was the Evil Jungle Princess or maybe the Princess of Celestial. And Amy painted her nails at the table. It was awesome.



How lucky am I to have such amazing friends???? The conversation was worth every calorie.

And crumb. Awesome, Andrea!

Round it all off with a review and share of ALL of my mission pics -- how could it get better?

Nothing makes me happy like friends and food! So Happy.

6 comments:

Bekah said...

Amy, you're so cute. I love cupcakes, you've got to take me for some Mini's next time I'm in UT. Is that Blue Plate Diner from triple d? I heard of a place like that before.
Looks like so much fun. You're making me hungry.
Thanks for sharing. Love you.

LynnEl Springer said...

Amy, I love your picture of you sticking the whole cupcake in your mouth! It seriously is a beautiful picture of you! And the last one of Andrea with crumbs in her teeth, eeewwwwwwww!!! :)

Too funny - my word verification is almost the word 'cake' - but it is 'calke'!! funny!

W.W. said...

FYI, annemariej27@gmail.com would like an invite to your blog:-)

Ron said...

I want to see more photos of the exercise!

Anonymous said...

2 Hot dogs with buns and condiments. Don't sell me short by forgeting the condiments.

LA GUERA SALSERA said...

That diner is like a couple block from my parents home and I've never been there. I'll have to go sometime. Sound delicious.