March 23, 2009

"We Love You, We Do..."

Wow! It's been a long time!!!!!
Sorry to all my faithful, lonely readers out there waiting with baited breath for a new post!

There's so much to post about that I thought I would play some catch-up (or ketchup -- ever wonder why it's called that?) to pay tribute to all the happinesses that have been happening!

First Up -- A super fun birthday party last Sunday with my favorite peeps.

Good Food, Good Friends, So Much ELJ Love!!!


Two of the quotes that we shared for the "program" that reminded me so much of her...

There are three words that sweetly blend,
That on the heart are graven;
A precious soothing balm they lend:
They’re mother, home and heaven.
-- Author Unknown

Woman’s influence can bless a community or a nation to that extent to which she develops her spiritual powers in harmony with the heaven-sent gifts with which she has been endowed by nature. If she does not forfeit her priceless heritage by her own willful negligence, she can be largely instrumental in safeguarding democracy and downing a would-be tyrant. Year in and year out, she may cast the aura of her calming and refining influence to make certain that her posterity will enjoy the opportunities to develop to their fullest potential their spiritual and physical natures. – Harold B. Lee

Am I the luckiest girl in the world or what? I know. I know. I can't believe it too.

It was so fun to be with her granddaughters too - Annie and Becca! Love them!!!

(PS - in the background you can kind-of see my newly recovered overstuffed chair! Love it!!)

You know there's no one else like ELJ that makes me So Happy!

6 comments:

Lisa Henderson said...

Your glam hair cut and cute brown shirt make me so so happy!

maria said...

How fun! And you had a program - how appropriate!
I love the cushy, comfy chair. It even has an ottoman. Do you and Barnes and Noble shop at the same place?

Holly G said...

Amy--
You look gorgeous! How soon until your talk at women's conf? I've been thinking about you; you're just amazing Amy :).

Megan said...

Fun! And you do look oh-so-lovely!

LynnEl Springer said...

Great pictures! You look so cute there posing with your favs! And your chair looks beautiful! Can't wait to see it all in person! Glad to have you posting again! I've missed it so much!

sojay said...

I love your hair!!
How come I can hear you saying all this? Awesome!