April 22, 2009

Isn't She Lovely?

I have a fantastic group of friends.
Specifically, there is a group of us
"Trying A Little Harder To Be A Little Better" this year.
AGK got us all together and encouraged us.
I decided I would try a little harder to be a better homemaker
(cuz JBB says we should :)).
Here is my first effort realized.

Cute chair covers, eh?
Each month we get together and have dinner and a great time.
February's dinner was at ELJ's.
YUMMY!
Everyone brought soup, ELJ made salad and I brought dessert.
And Aprons!

Are we cute or what?
Oh Man I love that lemon fresh fabric!

The ladybug apron for Lori (who knows I LOVE Dolly and sent me this link to her interview on the Today show that I missed the other day - I mean that is friendship!).

The heart apron for AGK (who I completely adore).

I made two aprons from 3 fabrics.
We were missing a few of The Lovelies but we had a fabulous time!
I got the pattern for the aprons at A Feathered Nest.
Love that blog!
My mom had to super help me because it wasn't as easy as I thought it should've been. But it was my first "solo" sewing project and I think they turned out pretty dang cute!!! Once I got the hang of it (thanks only to my mom's super human patience) they took me about an hour to finish.

Homemaking and The Lovelies make me SO Happy!

7 comments:

Meeker home said...

Cute aprons Amy! I'm super impressed. Love them. Loaf them. Lurve them.

kathys said...

very super cute. just might inspire me to make one for my mom for mother's day! :)

Paige said...

So so cute. I hope you do so well on your talk for women's conference. I wish I could be there.

David and Felicia said...

Amy, I have decided that I am going to come to your blog every day. It makes me happy to read it. I'm glad that homemaking makes you happy. I have decided I need lessons in that. Anyhoo, LOVE YOU! Felicia

Bekah said...

Hi Amy. Love the aaprons and chair covers. Great job. I am waiting to hear how your talk went! I'm sure it was so great. Looks like a great time with your friends.
Love you.

~Cmac~ said...

Thos aprons ARE SO CUTE! I love them and I love you! :)

Stacey said...

Love them! You did a great job!